LIFE BECOME MUCH MORE BETTER WITH A GOOD HEARING
WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

WHAT IS MY DEGREE OF HEARING LOSS????

Yes, I'm just finished supervised my students in Audiology & Speech Sciences Clinic UKM. I'm very thankful to my god that I'm able to taught and gave the better knowledge during the clinical practice to my students. Most of them just enter to 3rd year and starting to practice the audiology clinical skills to the real patients.

So today I'm want to share with you all about the degree of hearing loss. This is the basic part of audiology student need to know how to read and explain to the parent what their level of hearing after finish the hearing test.

Maybe the patients or parents who has a child diagnosed with hearing loss would appreciate this post.  

The Y-axis refer to the intensity of the sound (loudness) and X-axis refer to the frequency of the sound (pitch).

Here the diagram that shows us about the degree of hearing loss:

 NORMAL HEARING
 MILD HEARING LOSS
 MODERATE HEARING LOSS
 SEVERE HEARING LOSS
 PROFOUND HEARING LOSS

On the next post, I will discuss how to read and interpret the audiogram which is will be benefit to audiology student or audiologist. Interpretation of audiogram is a crucial part for all audiologists in order to diagnose patient's hearing status correctly. I will end here and see you you on the next post. 


1 comment: Leave Your Comments

  1. That is a very informative article. Thanks for sharing such useful information. Keep up the good work. I have found some interesting information on Audiology jobs in Guwahati.

    ReplyDelete